Thursday, May 15, 2008

Paul Clement Resigns as Solicitor General. Is that blood I smell?


Soon, this dog will be free of his master.

When I originally posted this article, I referred to Clement as a lapdog. However, upon reflection I don't believe he deserves this derogatory term. In fact, based on my knowledge of his actions (which, I freely admit, is quite limited) it does appear that he has fulfilled his legal duties to the administration. He's been obedient, faithful, and loyal, and I have great respect for that. So I have edited this article accordingly.

Nevertheless, if and when the time comes I'll be eager to see if he heeds voice commands from other authorities.

"Roll over!"

If he does so on the basis that protecting the nation from its internal enemies trumps any attorney-client privilege, he will become my personal hero.

Not that I'm holding my breath.